- Margaret Barker, The Mother of the Lord.
- Raphael Patai, The Hebrew Goddess.
- William Dever, Did God Have a Wife?
- Susan Ackerman, Under Every Green Tree
- Walter Maier, Asherah: Extrabiblical Evidence
- Saul Olyan, Asherah and the Cult of Yahweh in Israel
There are many others on the subject; these are just the books that happen to be in my library.
These are not fringe voices or fringe ideas. Mainstream biblical scholarship (by which I mean scholarship not tied to seminaries, and specifically scholarship that is not Evangelical), in part because of the force of archaeological evidence, is increasingly accepting the idea that Israel knew a divine mother as well as a divine father.